Supporting the Health Needs of Local Residents
The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation works to support the health needs of the Lakewood Ranch area through volunteer activities. This includes fundraising to support scholarships for nursing and health career students, and working with designated local charities with similar missions.
2019 Nursing Scholarship Recipients
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Nursing Scholarship
The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation announces the opening of the 2021 Scholarship Application period. Scholarships are available to students enrolled in college nursing programs who are doing their clinical affiliation at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center (LWRMC). This year, the Foundation will be offering 10 scholarship grants of $1,000 each.
Who can apply?
- Any nursing student who is currently participating in a clinical affiliation at LWRMC and lives in Manatee or Sarasota County.
- Any nurse currently employed by LWRMC who is enrolled in a graduate program leading to a Master of Science Degree in Nursing.
What scholarships will be awarded?
The Foundation has helped increase opportunities every year from five scholarships to 10 this year, for a total of 23 over the past three years. The named scholarships in 2021 include:
- The Wayne Sternberg Memorial Scholarship given in memory of Mr. Sternberg, to be offered to an MSN candidate in honor of ICU COVID-19 nurses, given by the Sternberg Family.
- The Lakewood Ranch Community Activities Board Scholarships (2), funded from the proceeds of the Heroes Parade that we partnered with them on last summer.
- The Grove Scholarship donated through the Jingle Run, from the Grove Restaurant.
- The Cox Chevrolet and Mazda Scholarship donated through the Jingle Run.
- The Cowan Family Scholarship donated through the LWRMC Foundation.
- The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation Scholarships (4) donated from the proceeds of the Jingle Run.
When does the scholarship application need to be submitted?
Interested students are encouraged to complete the LWRMC Foundation Nursing Scholarship application and submit it by March 1, 2021.
For questions, contact LWRMC Foundation President Carole Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Lakewood Ranch Foundation
Carole Cowan, President
Diana Mathison, Secretary
Janet Goldberg, Treasurer