Treating Respiratory Disease
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center provides full service respiratory care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Services are available for the evaluation, treatment, and control of abnormalities and deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Patient education
- Emergency respiratory care
- Neonatal respiratory care
- Nebulizer treatments
- Chest physiotherapy
- Pulse oximetry and nocturnal pulse oximetry studies
- Arterial blood gas (ABG) analysis
- Noninvasive ventilation
- Mechanical ventilation management
- Airway management
- Pulmonary function tests
For more information on respiratory care services, call 941-782-2416.
Pulmonary Function Lab
The Pulmonary Function Laboratory at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center provides a comprehensive program of tests to help diagnose lung disease. The Pulmonary Function lab provides convenient, efficient testing for both children and adults.
Services available include:
- ABG collection and analysis
- Resting and exercise pulse oximetry
- Forced vital capacity (FVC)
- Flow volume loops
- Maximal voluntary ventilation (MVV) testing
- Lung volume testing via helium washout
- Diffusion studies
The staff, management and physicians in the pulmonary function lab are dedicated to delivering to the highest standards of accuracy, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
If you have any questions regarding the Pulmonary Function Lab, or would like to schedule a test, please call 941-782-2416.