Care for Women at Each Stage of Life
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Women’s Services is devoted to providing care to women at all stages of life. This includes advanced maternity and obstetrical care, gynecological/urological services including minimally invasive robotic procedures, and advanced screening and diagnostic services at the Breast Health Center.
Find a Physician for Women's Health Services
If you need a referral to a physician at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, call 800-454-8215 or find an OB/GYN online.
The Women’s Center features 14 labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum (LDRP) suites that are spacious and private. Mothers and babies stay together in the same room throughout their stay. The spa-like atmosphere and the beautifully appointed surroundings, provide a peaceful environment for women at every stage of labor, from admission to delivery and postpartum.
Awards and Recognition
The Women’s Center has been recognized as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes based on objective measures that were developed with input from the medical community.
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center was one of only 384 hospitals in the United States recognized on Newsweek’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2023 list.
Patient Story: Lainey Johnson
Lainey talks about the amazing amenities, friendly staff and advanced care she and her baby received at the Women's Center.
Complimentary Birth Designer Program
We are the first facility in the area to offer a Birth Designer Program. Our Birth Designer, Chrissy Coney, RNC, BSN, CLC, will help you create a personalized birthing plan for you and your support person, empowering you to choose how you wish to bring your baby into the world.
The Women’s Center provides family-centered care throughout the childbirth process. Special features include:
- Family birthing suites that offer a private, comfortable, secure environment with homelike surroundings during labor and after childbirth.
- An infant security system that offers safety features for mother and child.
- Swaddle bathing utilizing the specially designed Turtle Tub for infants.
- Obstetric nurses who are highly skilled in labor support and family-centered nursing.
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center and Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital work together to provide enhanced care 24/7 for neonatal patients who require additional, specialized neonatal support in our Level 1 nursery.
Labor and Delivery Patient Rooms
Every labor and delivery room includes unique amenities including personalized lighting control for expectant mothers giving a unique birthing experience, added space for family members and equipment to assist with delivery. The rooms have the feel of an upscale hotel room with headwall finishes and furniture to minimize or disguise the clinical aspects of the room.
Each labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum suite is equipped with technological advances, including a wireless fetal monitor system that allows mothers to have freedom of mobility, which can help with the birthing process and make mothers more comfortable.
Optimal Comfort in a Relaxing Environment
- Room service dining available from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Daily Quiet Time from 2 – 4 p.m. each day for silent and undisturbed tranquility
- Daily “Tea at Two” to enhance rest and bonding
- Aromatherapy options
- Infused water options – cucumber, lemon, mint available
- Mood and sensory lighting available in all rooms
- Spacious updated showers for use during labor or post-partum
- Relaxation music
- Doulas welcome
Your Care Team
The labor and delivery unit at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is run by obstetrics specialists that may include:
- Labor and Delivery Nurse
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Newborn Nurse
- Lactation consultant
- Birth Designer
Designated Quiet Time
Being a new mom is exciting, but with all the commotion and constant attention, we know moms can use a break to relax with their newborns. That’s why the staff at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center observes Quiet Time between 2 – 4 p.m. each day for silent and undisturbed tranquility.
As Quiet Time begins, we dim the lights in the entire center and remind patients, visitors and the staff that this is a peaceful time. We also place signs on your room door that discourage interruptions and allow you and your baby to rest.
Family-focused Education Classes and Health Screenings
The importance of education is emphasized at the Women's Center. Prenatal classes, childbirth education classes and patient education seminars on women's health topics are offered. At the Women's Center at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, caring professionals treat each patient with compassion and dignity.
Learn more about our classes →
Pre-register online with REGIE →
Questions? Email us at BirthDesigner@lwrmc.com
We understand how important breastfeeding is to you and your baby. All the nurses in the Women’s Center provide breastfeeding support. A certified lactation consultant is also available in-house Monday through Friday.
Access breastfeeding resources →
Patient Story: Kim Simmons
Kim shares how comforting it was delivering her second child at the Women's Center at Lakewood Ranch.
Selecting a Healthcare Provider for Your Child
Before your baby is born, choose a pediatrician for your baby. This provider may visit you and your baby in the hospital for a first health check-up, or you may see him/her after you are released from the hospital. If you choose a pediatrician that does not come to the hospital, your baby will be seen by one of our covering Neonatologists, who are available 24/7.
Tips for Selecting a Provider
- When choosing a healthcare provider for your baby, you will want to consider whether he/she accepts your insurance and takes new patients, and whether the doctor’s office has hours, policies and procedures that are in-line with your needs.
To help you select the best provider for your family, we encourage you to ask the following questions:
- Do you see newborns in the hospital or at the first office visit?
- How does the practice handle children who are sick? What about after-hours?
- Are you affiliated with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center?
- How long have you been practicing?
- Do you have any sub specialties?
- To become a patient, what paperwork is needed before the baby is born?
- Do you perform circumcisions? If yes, are they done at the hospital or in the office?
Find a list of Pediatricians in the area →
You can also speak with the Birth Designer for questions regarding Pediatricians.
Specialists in women’s health provide a range of services for women of all ages. From routine gynecological exams to minimally invasive robotic procedures, the team at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center provides the options and treatments women need for a variety of conditions including cancer, uterine fibroids (non-cancerous tumors), endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain and abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Meet Our OB/GYNs
The obstetric services offered at the Women's Center at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center are performed by dedicated OB/GYNs and other healthcare professionals.
Physical Therapy for Women
The women’s health physical therapy program at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center offers private, one-on-one treatment in a supportive environment to help you heal both physically and mentally. At our Physical Therapy Center, we recognize the unique health issues women like you face, and work with you to develop a treatment path that’s guided by personalized care.