Visitors can be important to a patient's recovery. However, it is equally important to balance that benefit of visitors with the hospital's duty to provide the maximum amount of rest for our patients. Therefore, visitors must observe the medical center’s rules:
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is a no smoking facility.
- Each patient may have a maximum of two visitors in his or her room at a time.
- Visitors should be free of any symptoms of infection.
- Depending on the patient’s and/or roommate’s physical condition and emotional health status, the number of visitors and the length of each visit may be further limited by the nurse.
- Visiting hours can be adjusted individually. Please check with the nurse.
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center wants patients and their families to participate in the patient’s care. However, please DO NOT take or administer care, food, or medication without speaking to the nurse. While in the hospital, patient care is strictly guided by physician orders. This includes the patient’s nutrition. Food other than that provided by the hospital’s Food and Nutrition Service is discouraged. Please check with the patient’s nurse to ensure that food items brought by visitors will not interfere with the nutrition portion of the patient’s healthcare.
- Special permission to visit is necessary from the nurse in charge for visitors under the age of 12 years. Children should be free of any symptoms of illness and should not have been recently exposed to sicknesses such as measles, mumps or chicken pox. All children must be cleared by the nurse before they visit a patient.
Courtesy Shuttle Service
The hospital offers a free courtesy shuttle service for Lakewood Ranch Medical Center campus guests. The shuttle is operated by hospital volunteers and is offered Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Shuttle drivers circulate the hospital parking areas throughout the day, assisting guests with complimentary rides. To request a ride, please call the hospital’s front desk at 941-782-2143 or call 941-782-2100 to make arrangements for the Courtesy Shuttle meet you at your car.
Please check at the nurses’ station for visiting times. "Quiet Time" is observed daily for mothers and newborns between 2 - 4 p.m.
Please do not use the bathrooms in patient rooms. They are reserved only for patients in order to protect their health. Public restrooms are located throughout the hospital.
For your safety and convenience, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center provides security patrolled, well-lit parking lots. No fee is charged. Disabled parking is available for those with appropriate government issued parking decals.
Wireless Internet Service
Complimentary wireless internet access is available for patients and guests.
- Laptop PC or PDA with an 802.11b or 802.11g compatible wireless network card
- Software to support the wireless network card
- Web browser software
- Ensure your wireless network card is enabled and set for DHCP
- Using your software, view the available wireless networks
- Select the LWR-GUESTS (some software may require you to enter LWR-GUESTS as the SSID)
- Open your web browser software
- Browser will display the Lakewood Ranch Hospitality Wireless network Welcome Page. Click the “I agree” button on the left side of the page to accept the terms.
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is a smoke-free campus.
Mail and Flowers
Flowers are permitted in most patient areas with the exception of the Intensive and Cardiac Care Units. For safety reasons, only Mylar balloons are permitted in patient care areas.
For your convenience, an automated teller machine (ATM) is located at the Emergency Services Center.
Vending machines offering beverages and snacks are located near the Emergency Department and the OR Waiting Room. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Where’s the Cafeteria?
Located on first floor. Visitors are welcome to dine in the cafeteria.
Monday – Friday Hours:
Breakfast: 7 – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Grab and Go Items: 4 – 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday Hours:
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Coffee and Gift Shop
Specialty coffees and a large variety of other drinks, as well as delicious snacks, are featured in the Coffee and Gift Shop, located just inside the hospital main entrance.
The shop is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Service animals are welcomed in the hospital. Non-service animals are not permitted in the hospital. Service animals are trained to work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Comfort or emotional support animals are not service animals.