- General visiting hours are from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Visitors must be free of symptoms of infection or illness.
- LWRMC is a non-smoking facility.
Inpatient Nursing Units
- Visitors should enter through the main hospital entrance during visiting hours.
- Each patient may have two visitors at a time. Visitors may be switched out throughout the day.
Minors, free from symptoms of infection or illness, may accompany adult visitors.
- Keep in mind that younger children may be developmentally unable to remain with the patient for lengthy periods of time.
- It is suggested to prepare the child for the hospital environment and the patient’s illness as appropriate.
- Visits may be limited based on the patient’s condition or medical provider’s orders.
- If patient is in a double room, dependent on the roommate’s physical or emotional condition, length of visits may be limited by the medical team.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Follow general and inpatient visitor guidelines.
- Quiet time is observed between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. daily.
- Supervised children under age 12 and free from symptoms of infection or illness may be allowed to visit based on the patient’s condition. Please discuss with the nurse.
- If additional visitation is needed for emotional and/or social support by a chosen support person, please speak to the nurse.
- Two visitors may accompany the patient in the ER as the patient’s condition warrants.
- Siblings, free from symptoms of infection or illness, may visit.
- Quiet time for mothers and newborns is observed between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. daily.
- Parents may visit their infant in the nursery at any time. One visitor may accompany the parent during the nursery visit.
Patients and families are encouraged to participate in the patient’s care however, please do not take or administer care, food or medication without speaking to the nurse. While in the hospital, patient care including nutrition is strictly guided by medical provider’s orders. If bringing food or fluids in from the outside, please check with the nurse first.
Visitors whose presence infringes on the rights of others and their safety or whose presence is medically or therapeutically contraindicated will not be allowed.
For your safety and convenience, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center provides security patrolled, well-lit parking lots. No fee is charged. Disabled parking is available for those with appropriate government issued parking decals.
Wireless Internet Service
A guest wireless network named "Guest Access" is available at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.
- To connect using a laptop: Click on "Guest Access" then select "Connect automatically" and click "Connect." A web browser should launch automatically (if not, manually launch). When the disclaimer page loads, scroll to the bottom and click "Accept."
- To connect using an Apple IOS or Android OS device: Click "Guest Access." A web browser should launch automatically (if not, manually launch). When the disclaimer page loads, scroll to the bottom and click "Accept."
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is a smoke-free campus.
Mail and Flowers
Flowers are permitted in most patient areas with the exception of the Intensive and Cardiac Care Units. For safety reasons, only Mylar balloons are permitted in patient care areas.
For your convenience, an automated teller machine (ATM) is located at the Emergency Services Center.
Vending machines offering beverages and snacks are located near the Emergency Department and the OR Waiting Room. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Where’s the Cafeteria?
Located on first floor. Visitors are welcome to dine in the cafeteria.
Weekday Hours: 11 am – 3 pm and 4 – 7 pm
Weekend and Holiday Hours: 7 – 9:30 am and 11 am – 2 pm
Service animals are welcomed in the hospital. Non-service animals are not permitted in the hospital. Service animals are trained to work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Comfort or emotional support animals are not service animals.