Orthopedic Spine and Joint Center
The Orthopedic Spine and Joint Center at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center can help you return to an active lifestyle. Our program brings together experienced surgeons, skilled orthopedic nurses and specialty-trained physical and occupational therapists to deliver an exceptional patient experience.
Orthopedic physicians on staff are highly experienced. Their expertise includes diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal injuries, fractures and pain, as well as coordinating rehabilitation programs for patients.
Preoperative Education for Knee and Hip Replacement: What to Expect
We believe a key to achieving better outcomes is making sure patients know what to expect each step of the way. This is instrumental in helping to reduce stress and anxiety for you and your family members, and it equips you with the information needed for a smooth recovery.
That's why we offer Orthopedic Preoperative classes. During these classes we will walk you through your entire surgical process. Topics include orientation to the hospital, physical therapy, occupational therapy, discharge planning and coordinated postoperative rehabilitation. We will also give you a surgical specific guidebook that you can refer to before, during and after your stay.
Preoperative education classes are offered in-person or virtually. Please call 941-782-2663 to schedule a class.
Excellence in Joint Replacement Surgery
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for both Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement Core Certification.
Joint and Spine Procedures
We offer the following surgical and nonsurgical options to treat orthopedic conditions:
- Total Hip Replacement Posterior Approach
- Total Hip Replacement Anterior Approach
- Total Knee Replacement
- Unilateral Knee Replacement (Partial)
- Total Hintermann Ankle Replacement
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Fusion
- Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Fusion
- Arthroscopic treatment
Find a Physician for Orthopedic Care
If you need a referral to a physician at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 800-454-8215 or search for a physician online.
Do I Need Joint Replacement?
Answer these questions to see if you could benefit from therapeutic intervention such as joint replacement surgery to address your hip or knee pain.
Benefits of Joint Replacement
- Reduced joint pain
- Better and more restful sleep
- Increased movement and range of motion
- Improved overall joint strength and function
- Improved overall health and quality of life
Marshall Steele Program
The Orthopedic Spine and Joint Center is an active participant in the nationally renowned Marshall Steele program. Participation in this program enhances the hospital's efforts to produce excellent outcomes and high patient satisfaction through diligent data collection, enabling teams to benchmark, guide and support program goals. This structured continual improvement process involves an interdisciplinary team of professionals all focused on the goal of achieving the best possible results for our patients.
Key elements of our Marshall Steele Program include:
- A wellness approach to care
- A dedicated orthopedic unit
- Core orthopedically trained staff
- Focused preoperative patient preparation with set expectations
- Standardized evidenced based care
- Group physical therapy and individualized rehabilitation strategies
- Early ambulation
- Nurse Navigator/Care Coordinator
- Efficient pain management regimens focused on opioid reduction
- Expedited discharge to home
- Optimized outcome management