Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation Opens 2021 Nursing Scholarship Applications
The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation (LWRMCF) has opened its 2021 LWRMCF Nursing Scholarship applications. This year, the LWRMCF will award ten scholarships for students who are currently enrolled in a BSN program while completing their clinical affiliation at LWRMC, and scholarships for nurses who are currently employed at the hospital and enrolled in an MSN program.
The Foundation has assisted in expanding from five scholarships to now 10 for a total of 23 over the past three years. The named scholarships this year include:
- The Wayne Sternberg Memorial Scholarship given in memory of Mr. Sternberg to be offered to an MSN candidate in honor of the ICU COVID nurses, given by the Sternberg Family.
- The Lakewood Ranch Community Activities Board Scholarships (2), funded from the proceeds of the Heroes Parade that we partnered on with them last summer.
- The Grove Scholarship donated through the Jingle Run, from The Grove Restaurant.
- The Cox Chevrolet and Mazda Scholarship donated through the Jingle Run.
- The Cowan Family Scholarship donated through the LWRMC Foundation.
- The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation Scholarships (4) donated from the proceeds of The Jingle Run.
President of the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Foundation, Carole Cowan, stated, “The purpose of our fundraising activities is to raise money to support scholarships for students who are enrolled in nursing programs. We recognize that the health careers workforce of the future for our region is dependent on the quality of our graduates in these programs, and we want to support them as they earn their degrees. Our major fundraiser is the Jingle 5K, now in its ninth year.”
The deadline for the 2021 LWRMCF Nursing Scholarship is March 1, 2021, and the recipients will be awarded in April 2021.