Breast Care Navigator is Here to Help
Certified Breast Care Navigator Michelle Lynch, BA, RDMS, RVT, CN-BI, provides professional guidance to patients of the Breast Health Center, working with medical teams to help ensure that patients receive comprehensive medical care and support during the entire breast cancer diagnosis and treatment process.
Michelle earned a bachelor's degree from Columbia College in Missouri. Following a 22-year career in imaging (primarily breast imaging), Michelle went on to become a Certified Breast Health Navigator.
Michelle provides you with a number of important services, including:
- Helping you schedule appointments for screenings, tests, follow-up visits and other care recommended by your doctor
- Connecting you with community and supportive care services
- Providing information about the healthcare services your physician recommends
- Encouraging active participation in decision‐making about your care plan and explaining choices
- Serving as point of contact for you and physicians/surgeons
- Attending follow-up visits and radiation therapy/oncology appointments with some patients as requested, aiding in the smooth continuity of care until point of resolution and beyond
- Aiding in the discussion when reviewing plan of care with your physician
- Keeping track of medical records
- Addressing any issues that might prevent you from keeping your medical appointments
- Performing genetic testing and following up on eligible patients
Michelle Lynch BA, RDMS, RVT, CN-BI
Breast Care Navigator, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd.
Lakewood Ranch, Fl 34202