Call 941-782-2264 to schedule your mammogram on a date that’s convenient for you.
Ideally, your exam should take place at a time when your breasts are least tender (not during your period). When the time for your mammogram arrives, please follow these simple steps to make the process as easy and quick as possible:
- If you have had any prior mammograms, please bring your previous mammogram films or request they be sent to the Breast Health Center so they can be compared to the new images.
- Please do not use deodorants, bath powders, creams or oils the day of your exam. These substances can cause artifacts on your films which may make it necessary to repeat the mammogram.
- If possible, wear a two-piece outfit on the day of your exam. This will make it more convenient for you to disrobe from the waist up.
- During your exam, follow the technologist’s instructions carefully, especially when she asks you to hold your breath and remain still. This will help reduce any motion that can blur the image.
- The technologist will need to compress your breasts so that internal structures are properly visualized. Although it may be a bit uncomfortable, this compression is necessary to get an accurate image.
- To save time, you can preregister by visiting REGIE, or by calling 941-782-2264 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- When you arrive for your mammogram, please go to the Medical Office Building 1 located on the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Campus. Please park in the front of the building. Our address is 8340 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. Suite 160, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202. The building is next to the Women & Children’s Center. Guests should check in for the Breast Health Center at the admitting desk just inside the Admitting/Outpatient entry.
Special Note for Diagnostic Mammogram Patients: "Know Before You Go"
For patients scheduled for diagnostic mammograms, our team works to provide you with as much information as possible on the day of your exam. A radiologist will analyze the images gathered during your exam while you wait. You will be provided with preliminary results and recommendations for follow up before you leave the Breast Health Center that day.