A Personalized Heart Test
According to the American Heart Association®, coronary artery disease (CAD) is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. When the arteries leading to the heart become narrow or blocked, CAD develops, which may lead to a reduction in blood flow to the heart, causing chest pain, heart attacks and death. Many of the non-invasive tests available today have low accuracy rates in detecting the disease, despite it being the most common form of heart disease.
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is advancing the diagnosis of CAD with the HeartFlow® Analysis.
This non-invasive heart test provides a personalized 3D model of your coronary arteries that shows how each blockage impacts blood flow to your heart. Once only available through an invasive procedure, this detailed information helps your doctor determine the next step in your treatment plan.
How it Works
Your doctor will order a coronary CT scan to look for blockages. If additional information is needed, your doctor may order a HeartFlow® Analysis. This does not require another appointment and there is no additional risk to you.
Using your existing coronary CT scan, the HeartFlow® technology creates a personalized digital 3D model of your coronary arteries. With trained specialists and powerful computer algorithms, the HeartFlow® Analysis will calculate if you have a blockage and how much each blockage limits your blood flow.
- Your doctor receives a digital, color-coded 3D model of your coronary arteries and any identified blockages. This information helps you and your doctor determine the next step in your treatment plan.
- Provides a more detailed view of the significance of your coronary artery blockage than a standard coronary CT scan
- Non-invasive – no additional risk to you
- Reduces the need for follow-up testing and evaluation
- Helps your doctor better determine the appropriate treatment of care
If you need a referral to a physician at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 941-708-8100 or search for a doctor online.