Assessing Hip and Knee Joint Pain
Get a Physician Referral
If you need a referral to an orthopedic surgeon, please call our free physician referral service at 800-454-8215.
The following questions are designed to see if you could benefit from therapeutic intervention to address your hip or knee pain.
- Does your pain interfere with your quality of life?
- Do you have hip or knee pain that restricts you from performing any recreational activities? (e.g.: hiking, sports, cycling)
- Do you have hip or knee pain that restricts you from performing any daily household activities? (e.g.: laundry, vacuuming, cleaning)
- Do you have hip or knee pain that limits you performing daily functional activities? (e.g.: dressing, bathing, toileting, in/out of car)
- Do you have pain at night that significantly interferes with your sleeping?
- Do you have significant pain or difficulty with stairs or hills?
- Do you have difficulty walking or loss of balance?
The earlier you address your symptoms the better your chance for the best outcome.