Creating a Personalized Birthing Experience
The Lakewood Ranch Women’s Center wants to make your pregnancy and birth experience the best it can be. That's why we are the first in the community to offer a Birth Designer for each expecting mom at no cost.
Our Birth Designer, Chrissy Coney, RN, BSN, CLC, will work with you to create a unique, personalized birthing experience designed just for you and your support person. Chrissy will help you navigate the birthing process in a personalized stress-free setting. This includes educating you on all your available options, and empowering you to decide how you wish to welcome your baby into the world.
What's On Your Birth Plan Wish List?
Your customized birth plan may include:
- Concierge approach to labor and delivery
- One-on-one appointment with the Birth Designer
- Ability to tailor your plan to meet your unique healthcare needs
- Pre-planning and design for having a partner in your birth experience
- Determination of prenatal education needs
- Liaison for families
- Coordinating services for the patient before the day of delivery
- Point of contact for the mother to enable individualized care to meet specific needs
- Post-delivery follow up to ensure resources are secured and patient and family are connected to Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
Contact Our Birth Designer
Chrissy Coney, RN, BSN, CLC, earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of South Florida in Tampa and a bachelor's degree in biology from Salve Regina University in Newport, R.I. She has extensive experience as a labor and delivery nurse.
Your obstetrician will let you know when it's time to schedule an appointment with Chrissy, around the 28th week of your pregnancy. You must be delivering your baby at LWRMC to schedule an appointment. Please call 941-782-BABY or complete and submit the online contact form.
Appointments are available via the Zoom meeting app. Complete the form on the next page to have the Birth Designer contact you.
Childbirth and Parenting Classes
PLEASE NOTE: All classes in May have been canceled, but certain classes are being offered virtually via the Zoom meeting app. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Education is a key part of our program, and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center offers education and support for expectant families before, during and after the birth experience.