Creating a Personalized Birthing Experience
The Lakewood Ranch Women’s Center wants to make your pregnancy and birth experience the best it can be. That's why we are pleased to offer a Birth Designer for each expecting mom at no cost. This service is complimentary for all patients.
Our Birth Designer, Chrissy Coney, RNC, BSN, CLC, will work with you to create a unique birthing experience designed just for you and your support person. Chrissy will help you navigate the birthing process in a personalized stress-free setting. This includes educating you on all available options and empowering you to decide how you wish to welcome your baby into the world.
What's On Your Birth Plan Wish List?
Your customized birth plan may include:
- Concierge approach to labor and delivery
- One-on-one appointment with the Birth Designer
- Ability to tailor your plan to meet your unique healthcare needs and preferences
- Pre-planning and designing how your birthing partner will participate in the birth experience
- Assessment of prenatal education needs
- Liaison for families
- Coordinating services before the day of delivery
- Point of contact to enable individualized care to meet individualized needs
- Post-delivery follow up to ensure any needed resources are secured at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center for mom and family
Contact Our Birth Designer
Chrissy Coney, RNC, BSN, CLC, earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of South Florida in Tampa and a bachelor's degree in biology from Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island. She has extensive experience as a labor and delivery nurse.
Your obstetrician will let you know when it's time to schedule an appointment with Chrissy, around the 28th week of your pregnancy. You must be delivering your baby at LWRMC to schedule an appointment. Please call 941-782-BABY or complete and submit the online contact form.
Appointments are available in-person or remotely via the Zoom meeting app. Complete the form to have the Birth Designer contact you. If you do not receive a response within two days, please check your spam folder.
Childbirth and Parenting Classes
Education is a key part of our program, and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center offers education and support for expectant families before, during and after the birth experience.
If you need help with breastfeeding, access our resources page where you'll find a wealth of information. Note: This page requires a password. If you do not know the password and you are a patient of Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, please contact Chrissy Coney at 941-782-BABY.